Some of Our Friends
The vast world of the Internet is full of wonderful people, dedicated to our mission of spreading more kindness in the world. Below are some of the folks that we'd like to thank:
For Kindness Stories
- KindApp: ideas to do small acts of kindness on the go.
- RAK For Kids: encouraging kids to use their mobiles to do and track their acts of kindness!
- Do Good: an application that suggest a new act everyday and try to get everyone to do the same one!
For Performing Acts of Kindness
- Kindness Class: a kindness 'assignment' per week, for PSCS online class. Participants have one week to do the assignment and post a summary of their results. (See also theme of the week.)
- Boom Boom Cards: similar to our Smile Deck, these are cards with a kindness idea on each of them (see also FeelGood Cards).
- Akoha: a site that gives the viewer .missions. of kindness, which they receive rewards for.
- Generate Kindness: it gives away free stickers, to make the world a better place.
- Giving Game: similar to Smile Cards, where you are encouraged to do small acts and leave a card behind.
- Kindness Tokens: give out tokens when you do a kind deed, provide an internet portal to track the kindness tokens.
- The RAK Group: online community for promoting random acts of kindness.
- Mapping Kindness: a project of Yahoo.com, that tracks acts of kindness.
- Miss Foundation: makes cards to do random acts of kindness in memory of a deceased person.
- One Way Every Day: year long project to share a new kindness idea everyday.
- RakTrak: Inspiring people to set kindness in motion, by trackable credit-card like cards.
- Random Notes of Kindness: send and receive random notes of kindness.
- WikiHow: How to Practice RAK: some basic steps and ideas for the first timers.
For Kindness Ideas
- Common Kindness: Printable grocery coupons that save you money & support your favorite non-profits - at no cost to you.
- Random Acts of Kindness Foundation: a resource for lot of kindness related content.
- Spread Kindness: provide tools, activities, and ideas to encourage kindness as a way of life.
- Learning to Give: a resource for teacher curriculum around giving.
- Kindness Reminder: provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for youth.
- Points of Light: a portal dedicated to helping people take action to change the world.
- Kinded: inspire 'not so random' acts of kindness with promises of donations to causes that receive the most kind acts
- Dream Weavers: a nonprofit group dedicated to funding anonymous kindness projects.
If you'd like to suggest a site, please let us know.
Kindness is contagious! Keep it going.
Meredith's Letter From the Post Office (May 18, 2013)
One Candle at a Time (May 14, 2013)
Found on the NYC Subway (May 11, 2013)
My Smile Deck Week (May 11, 2013)
Girl Gets Up At 5AM To Decorate Her Entire Street (May 9, 2013)
More Stories >>
Idea of the Week
Read more in our weekly newsletter.
Need help with ideas? Ask our kindness experts!